Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Using the Library

One of my goals this year is to use the library more often.  Well, I have been.  Since it's a good way to save money on books, I've been seeing what books I can find there to read instead of buying it right away.  If I really think I'll be rereading the book in the future, then I'll consider buying it.  But for a one-time read, the library is the place to get it.

I've also been using the library to study.  I haven't done this before this year, and I found that there's a nice presence in there that allows me to focus more on my work.  Sure, I've heard people say that before about studying or doing homework at the library, but it's one of those things that I had to do for myself to really understand it.

Aside from using the library to study more, I mentioned that checking books out from there is easier on my wallet.  I don't know about any of you reading this, but I'm one of those people who takes out books and doesn't bring them back until about the day before they're due.  I tend to take out a few at once because sometimes I think I want to read one then I decide to read something else, but even if that's not the case, I'd rather not have to stop in there every couple of days just to get one book at a time.  That's kind of lame.

Since getting my Kindle at Christmas, I've been taking advantage of my library's digital library, Overdrive.  It's cool that I can check out ebooks, movies, and audiobooks without even leaving my house.  That really comes in handy when I'm sick or if it's snowing a lot.

From my experience, the library is awesome.  And everyone I know that uses the library on a consistent basis feels the same.  So if you don't use your library often, do it.  Even if you don't like to read, it's a good place to get movies or use the internet (if you don't have it at home).  There's also cool programs that most libraries host, and they're free!

So go out and use your local library.  You won't regret it.

       ©2017 - Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment