Monday, April 3, 2017

Baseball

America's game.

So they say anyway.


Don't get me wrong, I like baseball - I loved going to games with my grandpa when we lived in Seattle and playing in little league (for a few years anyway).  I think it's a fun game to play, and since I'm a sports fan and all, I do watch baseball on TV and I'm obviously a Seattle Mariners fan.

I don't get to go to a lot of professional games since we live in Vermont now, seeing as there's no professional baseball team here.  There's really no professional sports teams here.  It's kind of a bummer.  The good thing is that I get to go to baseball games at times in the summer when my family goes to visit my grandparents. 

My favorite thing about going to Mariners games is, well, pretty much everything.  I love the energy from the crowd, eating hot dogs, getting tossed peanuts and cracker jacks from the concession guys that walk around... pretty much all of it.  I love the excitement of a ball coming toward the crowd and seeing a little kid actually catch the ball, or the adult catching the ball and giving it the kid.  My grandpa has actually been lucky enough to catch a ball for both my brother and I (though not in the same game - that'd be super lucky).

Baseball might not be my favorite sport, but you haven't truly had the American experience unless you've been to a baseball game.

       ©2017 - Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment