Thursday, April 6, 2017

Early Riser

I'm the earlybird of the family.  I'm sure I've mentioned this before.

I love that I'm an early riser because of the time I get to myself in the morning.  Everything is nice and quiet and I'm able to collect myself for the day, without the chaos of everyone getting ready at the same time.  It's a peaceful time for me.

Sometimes I'll get some reading done, other times I'll head down to our basement and run a mile or two on the treadmill.  There are some mornings when my dad joins me, depending on when he goes into work or if he's just getting off work (he has a weird schedule as a firefighter).  Usually if he's just getting off work he'll just talk to me while I work out or the two of us will make a big breakfast for the rest of the family so that it will be ready by the time they get up.

I have to say that those mornings with my dad are my favorite.  It's good bonding time for us.  Even though I like the alone time in the morning, I enjoy my dad's company more.

A lot of people I know hate getting up early, but I feel like the day is wasted if I don't.  There's more light to my day and more hours to accomplish the things I want to get done.  I hate sleeping in.  It throws me off completely and the days I happen to sleep in are usually terrible.  Thankfully, those don't happen too often.

The best part?  I don't need an alarm clock.  My internal clock is what gets me up early each morning.

But I set my alarm, just in case.


       ©2017 - Eric

2 comments:

  1. you're a early riser but you hate getting up early? that's me too. I'm so impressed that you work out on a treadmill in the morning, I think I should try that, I'm so lazy in the morning...

    have a lovely day.

    my F post: Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I actually love that I'm an early riser. I don't hate it at all.

      You should try that, or even something simple like stretching your muscles or going for a walk. Working out early wakes up the cells :)

      Delete