Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas Break

Merry almost-Christmas everyone!

It's the Friday before Christmas and I'm officially on break from school.  It's only until after January 2nd, but that's okay.  It's still over a week of no school, so I'm not complaining.

I'm very happy to have the day off today because I need to utilize my time wisely by Christmas shopping.  I know, it's late, but I haven't had time to get it finished.  So today I'm going out to the mall with my brother and sister to finish shopping.  It's going to be a nice day for us.

It's actually our tradition to do this - go shopping together before Christmas.  We usually do it the weekend before, but we were busy and weren't able to go.  I guess it worked out for us that we got this Friday off from school so we can have our day out together.

Traditions are valued in our family, like this one.  We also each get days with our parents to go out shopping for the rest of the family.  Then, of course, like most families we each get to open one present Christmas Eve, usually while we're watching a marathon of Christmas movies.  My favorite one is just getting up early on Christmas and having my dad make us a big old fashioned breakfast before we open our presents in our pajamas.  My dad seriously makes the best pancakes, ever.

Anyway, I'm hoping I'll find what I'm looking for while I'm out shopping today.  I also hope that anyone else who's doing some last minute shopping will find what they're looking for too.

           - Eric


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment