Saturday, December 31, 2016

A Day at the Bookstore

One thing I like to do on overcast days is spend it at the bookstore.  Since yesterday was overcast, my brother and three of my friends set off for the Barnes & Noble that's about 15-20 minutes away from where we live.  The best part about this Barnes & Noble is that
it's two stories.  It makes all the one-floor B&N stores seem small... really small.

Anyway, since it's probably going to be ridiculously busy this weekend and Monday to go because of the holiday, we decided to venture out there yesterday (Friday) because it was more likely people had to work or were doing other things.

That, and it's snowing today... again.

We never stay together on our bookstore adventures.  For one, we all like different genres.  I mean, we like some of the same ones, but for some reason we just never go to the same ones at the same time.  Also, I usually like to get a drink at the cafe before I shop around, as opposed to my friends who all get their drinks and snacks after they've looked around a bit.

Despite the fact my grandparents tell me to not spend my gift card all at once, I do.  They know this, so they like to tease me about it.  My brother used up all of his as well.  I actually went a little over, since it was a $25 card, and used some of my Christmas cash to cover the rest of my purchases.

Barnes & Noble Haul - 12/30/2016


  • Thirteen Reasons Why (10th Anniversary edition) - Jay Asher
  • The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
  • Red Leather Wrap Journal

I know it's only three items, but I didn't want to end up using all my cash.  Not to mention that some of the books I was looking for weren't in stock so I'll probably have to buy them online or for my new Kindle Paperwhite.  I'm still working on a plan of what books I want to buy on that.

My brother and friends each got a nice haul with their gift cards as well, but I don't think any of us bought too much.  Our gift cards were varied and I know for a fact that my friend Rachel is waiting for some books to be released before she finishes off hers (if she can last that long).

But yeah, today was a good day.  Spending the day at the bookstore is always a good day.

I'm excited to read these books and to start up my new journal this coming Sunday!

        - Eric


No comments:

Post a Comment