Thursday, April 13, 2017

Kindle Paperwhite

I've mentioned I got a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas last year, and it's one of the best presents I've ever gotten!

I was never sure if I'd like having an eReader, but I can say that I do.  It's made my life easier in the way that I don't have to rearrange my bookshelves every time I buy a new book and in the fact that I can keep a few books on hand when I go places.  I don't travel too often, but my family will sometimes take weekend trips or I might stay at a friend's house and I need an arsenal of books.

What is best about my Kindle is that I can read in the dark with no problems!  I know it's not really good to do this, even with an eReader, but this way I don't disturb my brother when he's sleeping and I'm reading.  This is also handy when the power goes out due to a big snowstorm or thunderstorm, which happens at least once a year to us.

I know the Kindle Paperwhite doesn't really allow you to do all that internet/social media stuff like other tablets, but I don't need all that.  I just want to read and this helps keep me focused on reading.

If you are considering getting one, I say do it!  The Kindle Paperwhite is awesome!


       ©2017 - Eric

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new Kindle! ;-)

    I treated myself to one of the Kindle Touch eReaders about five years ago after swithering about whether or not I wanted to get one and immediately I could see the benefits to it. I upgraded to the Fire around a year later and gave the Touch to my Mum-in-Law (it's still just about working as well).

    Recently my Kindle Fire started getting a bit slow and forgetful so I got a new generation Kindle Fire and it's given me the ability to sort my books into collections again (which I had on the touch but not the original Fire). I love sorting my bookcases so I'm having a great deal of fun sorting all those ebooks now.

    And it's so much more portable as well! I'm definitely an eReader convert (but for every ebook I read, I read a book-book as well).

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way. I like to make sure I have an equal mix of book-books and ebooks that I read :)

      Delete