Friday, April 21, 2017

Running Man

Running is my preferred form of exercise.  I can go for miles sometimes and not even realize it.  My runs are a good time to clear my head or sort out my thoughts - it all depends on the time of day I go.  I prefer morning runs when it's cool out, but not cold, so winter usually means I go later in the day or I run on the treadmill.

I like to run to train for my soccer practices too.  It's funny that I do because I'm the goalie, which of course is the one position that does the least amount of running.  I guess I do it so that I'll be prepared in case I'm ever needed outside the goal, though that never happens.

I've ran in a few races in the past for some different charities, that's the only reason I'll run in a race.  I have been told that I should do it for a school team, but that's not my style.  Running is more of a stress relief and way to stay in shape than it is to be competitive.  It's not fun if I can't go at my own pace and let my mind wander off to where it needs to go.

Running is how I calm myself down in times of stress, and I don't want to mess with that.


       ©2017 - Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment